Following government announcement, we must all follow social distancing rules.
As an interpreter you must:
- Contact Language Empire immediately if you develop any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19, come into contact with anyone who displays symptoms or was tested positive.
- Follow the rules regarding self-isolating after coming back from abroad.
- Wear a face covering if you are traveling on public transport or attending Face to Face assignments.
- Be particularly careful when attending home visits. Avoid touching door handles and other surfaces. Do not use toilet facilities, eat or drink at the property. Do not shake hands with anyone
- 2-metre distancing rule should be obeyed if possible. Where this is not possible you must maintain a 1-metre distance.
- Wash your hands regularly and always between assignments. Carry hand sanitiser with you if possible.
- Where you are attending an appointment and you do not feel that the correct social distancing/safety procedures are being followed, please contact Language Empire and do not undertake the booking if you feel you are putting yourself or others at risk
It is a mandatory requirement to wear a face covering when entering a hospital and on public transport. The majority of GP practices require it as well. As during appointments preserving the 2-metre distancing rule may not always be possible, Language Empire recommends that interpreters wearing face covering to all assignments.
If you are unable to attend any of your scheduled bookings, you must call Language Empire to inform us. Please do not presume that all bookings are cancelled as we are still providing face to face interpreting services for crucial appointments.
Please do not contact clients directly regarding the status of your booking. If any of your bookings are cancelled Language Empire will inform you about it.
Please find below some useful links for general advice and guidance around the topic:
Returning traveller guidance:
Financial support for self-employed:
How to wash your hands (from nhs.uk)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Public Guidance (from nhs.uk)
Coronavirus Guidance for Clinicians (from NHS England)
Coronavirus (COVID-19): UK Government Response (from gov.uk)
Introduction to emerging respiratory viruses, including novel coronavirus (from World Health Organisation)
Health and safety briefing for respiratory diseases – ePROTECT (from World Health Organisation)
Critical Care Severe Acute Respiratory Infection course (from World Health Organisation)
This page will be updated as new government guidelines are released, so please visit it regularly.