With more than 3,000 members, ITI is a UK association that is aimed at translation and interpreting professionals. Becoming a member is subject to strict admission criteria.
ITI members receive a range of benefits to assist in their professional and personal lives.
All members receive the following benefits:
• ITI Bulletin – ITI’s professional journal
• Discounted attendance at ITI events including webinars
• Networking opportunities
• Help and advice in the members’ area of the website
• Access to job adverts through ITI Bulletin and the website
• Use of ITI’s online CPD logging system in the members’ area of the website
• A legal helpline offering free advice on a range of legal matters
• Home Insurance policy offered by Towergate to ITI members with a 10% discount
• Free use of a credit checking facility for UK businesses
• Discounted subscription to the Payment Practices database of translation agencies worldwide
• Free payment irregularities reporting and monitoring tool
• Discounts on software and other services
• Representation on an international level
• Companies to exchange and transfer currencies worldwide
Claiming back costs of becoming a member
Most people don’t know that they can reclaim tax on their memberships.
You can reclaim tax you pay on fees or subscriptions to some approved professional organisations – but only if you must have membership to do your job or it’s helpful for your work.