The purpose of the Association of Police & Court Interpreters is to raise standards in the profession. Its members are freelance interpreters who work within the Criminal Justice System.
The APCI warmly welcomes applications for membership from all interpreters working in the Criminal Justice System in England and Wales, as well as Scotland and Northern Ireland. If that includes you, then we can guarantee a swift consideration of your completed application.
The benefits of membership include:
- Representation of members’ interests to government and work providers
- Campaign against outsourcing through Professional Interpreters for Justice (PI4J)
- Membership of international bodies EULITA and FIT
- Opportunities to attend international conferences
- APCI website with News Page
- Free e-mail account
- Facebook page
- Free listing in the on-line e-directory consulted by work providers
- Free listing with APCI Response, our call centre used by work providers to book interpreters
- Programme of Continuing Professional Development including Guest Lectures
- Occasional newsletters
- Occasional in-house magazine The Interrupter
- Social events / opportunities to network with colleagues
- Support and advice from colleagues
Claiming back costs of becoming a member
Most people don’t know that they can reclaim tax on their memberships.
You can reclaim tax you pay on fees or subscriptions to some approved professional organisations – but only if you must have membership to do your job or it’s helpful for your work.