This register is for professionals within the communication industry who work with deaf and deafblind people.
NRCPD exists to protect the public by regulating communication and language professionals who work with deaf and deafblind people.
We hold Registers of interpreters for deafblind people, lipspeakers, notetakers, sign language interpreters, sign language translators and speech to text reporters.
- have successfully completed an approved course
- have agreed to abide by our Code of Conduct
- are subject to a complaints process
- continue their professional development
- have an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service
- have valid professional indemnity insurance
We also work with public, private and not-for-profit organisations to make sure more of them only use NRCPD Registrants.
Claiming back costs of becoming a member
Most people don’t know that they can reclaim tax on their memberships.
You can reclaim tax you pay on fees or subscriptions to some approved professional organisations – but only if you must have membership to do your job or it’s helpful for your work.